Lets get talking

I'm going to attempt my first blog.  Each month I'm going to blog about different things to do with Wellbeing.  This month I'm focussing on encouraging people to talk about how they feel.  I'm going to aim at small blogs on various topics which bring out things that I've tried or you could try.  Apps or books or stories to help you reflect on changes you can make to help you have a Wellbeing Space in your life. 

Time to Talk is an amazing campaign that encourages people to have a conversation about mental health and the way they are feeling.

I've talked to a lot of people over the years who struggle to talk to other people though.  It's just not something they feel comfortable doing.  It led me to taking a look at what other options there are to talking and I found woebot.  It's a great app on your phone where you text rather than talk.  And it's to a computer that's been built by psychologists so you can talk without talking.  What a great idea!  I used it for a month and I really enjoyed it.  This fun video explains it much better than I could!
    

Not all of us like to sit and chat even with a computer and I have to admit I have found myself using Calm to help me get to sleep (which I never find easy) as it's got great sleep stories and sleep meditations.  I also really enjoy their masterclasses.  They have apps for your phone and both a free taster type access to their website/app and also a paid for version which I ended up getting and enjoying.

There's a couple of reflections and options to think about to either get you talking or reflecting on how you feel.

See you on my next post and remember to try and find your own Wellbeing space!

Tony B


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Mental Wellness